Monday 7 March 2016

Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough 'Wich


Halle-freaking-lujah! After a loooong search I finally found the Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough 'Wich. I mentioned a while ago that the my blog evolved from an idea to try every single flavour and product from Ben & Jerry's. I first saw a Ben & Jerry's ice cream sandwich about 4 years ago in a shop on one of my jobs, I don't have the type of job where I can stop for an ice cream so I decided to go back on the way home from work. It was gone. And I've never seen it again until now! 
I wrote in my Ambrosia Frozen Custard review "more fool you if you pay full price for Ben & Jerry's".. Well I'm a mug because I paid a (disgusting) £4 for THREE small-ish ice cream sandwiches. Ouch, I kind of hoped they would be awful so I wouldn't be tempted to buy any more! 


Vanilla Ice Cream with Cookie Dough sandwiched between two Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 

I say small-ish but that's greed, they're fairly sized, maybe not £4 fairly sized but pretty filling and big enough for a cookie and ice cream hit. 
I was fairly surprised at the amount of ice cream as it's a decent blob sitting in between the cookies. My cookies weren't swirled as is on the front of the box but half and half and pleasingly the two were on opposite sides so I got an even mouthful of each. It smelt a lot like Cookie Dough Ice Cream and that's nothing to scoff at - it might be an oldie but its definitely a goodie! B&J know better than to mess with the classics. 

As you may be aware, I don't rate Oreos so I've never had the Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich and I can't remember eating any before so I wasn't sure what to expect with the cookies themselves. Happily they were pretty much perfect. Not only were they absolutely delicious but they had a normal cookie texture - no frozen feel and no defrosted sogginess. The only acceptable time for a soggy biscuit is after dunking! 
The ice cream is as good as ever, B&J's usual quality with a wonderful vanilla flavour and large chewy cookie dough chunks - the same, I'm guessing, that are used in the Cookie Dough Ice Cream. 
One slight difference on the tubs is the consistency of the ice cream. I don't think I'd be able to physically chew the normal stuff straight out of the freezer but it was soft enough to in the 'Wich, it was just right actually, firm enough to stay nice and sturdy in the cookies right down to the last bite and no melting mess everywhere. I shouldn't be surprised really, Ben & Jerry's normally think everything through! 

Rating:
Very, very nice. Sadly as there isn't too much ice cream Mr.1T and his lactose intolerance managed it just fine and he's fighting me over the last one! I really hope they go on offer somewhere in the very near future. 
9/10


1 comment:

  1. Ooh these look yum!
    Kads X
    Www.kadslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete